Frequently Asked Questions
“Dos and Don’ts” (the same as any household or commercial silicone bakeware)
- Periodic cleaning is the key to keeping silicone looking its best.
- Constant use with no cleaning will cause inevitable staining.
- A very gentle, but comprehensive cleaning may restore the look of the product.
- Isopropyl alcohol can be helpful and is oftentimes mixed with rock salt for an even more effective cleanser.
Top rack dishwasher cleaning may also prove helpful.
Boiling carefully in water may help loosen up buildup.
Following every use of your piece, it is good practice to remove contents from the bowl and give it all a good rinse in warm water.
- Abrasion is the enemy of silicone…it can rip and tear so hand wash or use a gentle, non-abrasive sponge or the like.
- NEVER tap out that bowl as this will tear the silicone over time.
For pieces that haven’t been maintained for long periods, you can soak the piece and bowl separately for several days in a high percentage of isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol (91-99%) along with periodically using a gentle toothbrush on all parts.
Avoid Heat Damage
Stay away from very high heat (>500 °F)
Cold is pretty well tolerated
Only use a lazy red flame (NEVER a blue flame torch)
Flame should be applied only to the material you are trying to burn (not the silicone)
Direct, prolonged, and/or excessive heat on silicone WILL damage the piece leading to premature failure (tears, melting, burning)
- To remove the stainless steel bowl, hold the piece in your non-dominant hand.
- With your dominant hand, press your thumb into the bottom of the bowl and gently roll to the side and out of the silicone in a smooth action. This action should be done carefully as silicone can tear when forced or if already damaged.
- A paperclip, pin, or other tool may be useful in cleaning out the holes in the stainless steel bowl.
PieceMaker has been the market leader in nearly-indestructible, silicone smoking solutions since the beginning. We revolutionized the smoking market, building off our outdoors industry experience. By creating attractive and functional pieces, we have evolved beyond glass.
- All of our products are produced using the finest silicone and accessory materials.
- Our products are designed in the United States and developed / supported by our intellectual property (see our various patents and pending claims).
- PieceMaker does not recommend purchasing products from Alibaba, DHGate, eBay, Wish.com, or any “shady” sellers. We serve counterfeit claims daily and recommend that if you want an authentic piece subject to our quality control, be a conscientious consumer and purchase from a legitimate seller.
- We enjoy our original products and we hope you will too!